Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday: 5-8-1 Day, 4-2-1 in NFL, but RAS goes 1-3 and Indian Cowboy goes 0-3 in basketball

Today was a losing day. I went 5-8-1. NFL was good but basketball crushed me. My bankroll is down about 3.45% on the day. I am going to cut down on the number of bets by eliminating the Fade Mighty Quinn daily bet and am no longer following Indian Cowboy in basketball.  

Newsletter Links:

GOLDSHEET12
CKO12
NC_POWERPLAYS12
NC_POWERSWEEP12
PLAYBOOK12
POINTWISE12
PROFB_WEEK12
SP_REPORTER12
STATFOX12
WINNINGPTS12hhh

Service Plays:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want YOU to make money!
 Everything on this site is total bullshit except one thing.
Winning! I pity the fool that does not understand that!

CURRENT FUND: FUND 4
Starting Balance of  $50,000
Today's beginning balance = $61,657.50
Today's Loss = $2,128
Today's ending balance =$59,529.50 
1% of the fund and todays bet per game =  $616

Colin Cowherd Blazing 5 (35-15)
$616 on NFL 417 Tampa Bay -1 1/2 over Carolina (1:00 PM EST)
 Winner, FINAL SCORE: Tampa Bay 27 Cleveland 21, Profit of $560
$616 on NFL 419 Cleveland +7 1/2 over Dallas (1:00 PM EST)
Winner, FINAL SCORE: Dallas 23 Cleveland  20, Profit of $560
$616 on NFL 414 Detroit +3 over Green Bay (1:00 PM EST)

Loser, FINAL SCORE: Green Bay 24 Detroit 20, Loss of $616
$616 on NFL 429 New Orleans -6 over Oakland (4:05 PM EST)
Winner, FINAL SCORE: New Orleans 38 Oakland 17, Profit of $560
$616 on NFL 434 Pittsburgh +3 over Baltimore  (8:30 PM EST)
Push, FINAL SCORE: Baltimore 13 Pittsburgh 10, No profit or loss
TRACE ADAMS HYBRID - CURRENTLY IN FOLLOW MODE
$616 on the NFL 415 Arizona Cardinals +9 1/2 over the Atlanta Falcons (1:00 PM EST)
Winner, FINAL SCORE: Atlanta 23 Arizona 19, Profit of $560
 MIGHTY QUINN FADE BET
$616 on the NFL 423 Indianiapolis Colts +9 over the NE Patriots (4:25 PM EST)
Loser, FINAL SCORE: Patriots 58 Colts 24, Loss of $616
FOLLOWING RAS IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL - LINE MOVEMENT IS BRUTAL AFTER THESE PICKS ARE RELEASED, PLEASE WAIT TILL THE LINE MOVES IN YOUR DIRECTION! 
$616 in CBB 774 on New Mexico -7 over George Mason (line moved from -6)
Loser, FINAL SCORE: New Mexico 70 George Mason 69, Loss of $616
$616 in CBB 779 on Portland -4 1/2 over Montana State (line moved from -3 1/2)
Loser, FINAL SCORE: Montana State 83 Portland 64, Loss of $616
$616 in CBB 782 Eastern Illinois +5 over IUPU-Fort Wayne (line moved from +6 1/2)
Winner, FINAL SCORE: Eastern Illinois 68  IUPU-Fort Wayne 67, Profit of $560
$616 in CBB 765 UW Green Bay -2 over CS Fullerton (line moved from -1)
Loser, FINAL SCORE: CS Fullerton 91 UW Green Bay 81, Loss of $616
INDIAN COWBOY except for his totals plays and college basketball favorites:
$616 in CBB 3* 729 Richmond +10 1/2 over Minnesota (7:00 PM EST)
Loser, FINAL SCORE: Minnesota 72 Richmond 57, Loss of $616
$616 in NBA 4* 709 Golden State +9 1/2 over OKC Thunder (7:00 PM EST)
Loser, FINAL SCORE: OKC 119 Golden State 109, Loss of $616
$616 in NBA 3* 715 Houston Rockets +7 over LA Lakers (9:35 PM EST)
Loser, FINAL SCORE: LA Lakers 119 Houston Rockets 108, Loss of $616
                                                 
                                 Grading at lines above, about the worst lines I could find.
 Of course, always shop around.
----------
 Gambling GOdds checks in with their picks, they are on the same teams I am on (in green):
Colts +10.5
Saints -5
Tampa Bay pk
Browns +9

Lions +3
Texans -16.5
Rams/Jets Under 39
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trace Adams - In Trace With Trust - Go Cardinals!

Sunday's Selection ...

For Sunday in the NFL, Raise the Bar Winner #6 of 8 is the underdog Arizona Cardinals as they play against the Atlanta Falcons. As of 10:00 pm eastern time on Saturday when I release this selection, the Cardinals are +9 1/2 point dogs to the Falcons.

A little past history first...Last week none of the 3 teams that were favored by double-digits - New England, San Francisco, and Pittsburgh - were able to cover the hefty impost, and while Atlanta is just slightly under a double-digit chalk, I do not feel they will be able to cover their hefty impost either.

I realize the 4-0 start the Cardinals got off to was a major mirage, as Ken Whisenhunt's team is riding 5 straight up losses and and 0-5-1 spread mark into the Georgia Dome this Sunday afternoon, but the good news is the Redbirds had last week off to heal some injured bodies, and work on some new wrinkles in their stagnant (no more than 17 points in any of their 5 losses!) attack.

Atlanta was finally knocked off the unbeaten perch last week at New Orleans, and they do have a division road game with upstart Tampa Bay up next. This is a classic "sandwich" spot for the Falcons who have a tendency to play them close in their backyard.

In their 4 home games played, Atlanta is 4-0 straight up, but their margins of victory have been: 6 to the Broncos, 2 to the Panthers, 3 to the Raiders, and 6 to the Cowboys. It would not surprise me at all if Mike Smith's team got involved in another close one at home in this contest.

The Arizona defense has been rock-solid for the most part this season, so I am going to grab the generous spot and look for this one to be a hard-hitting, low-scoring close on again in the Georgia Dome.

In the battle of the birds, take the underdog Redbirds to cover.

Thanks Trace!

-------

Countdown to Kickoff with Al and Steve, Week 11:


 

-------

Indian Cowboy on the NFL

--------
Al checks in:

12 comments:

  1. Stu Feiner on NYJ
    Budin in STL.
    Interesting.
    Lets have another great day! GL to guys.
    ---Navy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy-

    Lets do this today! Thanks for the update on Feiner and Budin.

    Much appreciated. GL to you!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the effort rick! thought Detroit was a win but then again thought TB was a loser too lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lions bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    Thanks Shaneel....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough Lions loss...
    Absolutely prefer that youre listing all your plays, but when you were posting one or two games how did you make that selection? Any way to place an (*) next to ONE game you would play. I dont want to create more work, but some days I prefer to have less action on the table.
    Thanks,
    --Navy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Navy-

    Shaneel wanted me to post all my plays, so I am. My philosophy is that any one play is as good as any other, or I would not release it. If you want, I can identify the play I like the best each day. But let me think about that. Since I have released the plays I am betting on, I see I am the Number 3 handicapper at my sports monitor's home page which may draw unnecessary attention to this blog.

    I will try to identify the best play of the day but remember there are no Locks of the Day, Games of the Year, etc. That thinking gets bettors in trouble. Hope you did well today on all your bets! I am getting screwed in hoops today, bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

    If I had to pick a game today, it would of probably been the Tampa Bay Bucs as my top play, but it barely covered.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Navy-

    What the hell, after I post all my selections I will identify my top play of the day.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rick,

    I have followed you straight across the board for the last few days. I agree that there isnt a GOW, GOM, GOY or any marketing BS. But as I believed in my Ohio St pick, there are some games ya just "know" is the best play. That said, I am winning less b/c I'm spread over more games. Back in the December to Remember, we only needed to 1-0 to win money. Now we need to got 6-4 or better. I like seeing all the games b/c if I want to place a second wager, I know where to look. If you can identify your best game I would greatly appreciate it.

    Early thoughts for this week: Fri, ASU +2', Sat: RUTGERS +2, TX TCH +2

    --Navy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Navy-

    Fri, ASU +2', Sat: RUTGERS +2, TX TCH +2

    I like all three of these games. I think they will be close.

    I know what you mean, it was like Oregon State for awhile. I just knew that was the team I was going heavy on Saturday, days before. Just like you knew about Ohio State.

    I will identify the best game. I try to make this blog as transparent as possible. I may have given out too many plays today, but hell, RAS has went like 4-0 routinely and Indian Cowboy is usually good in basketball.

    The bottom line of course is the size of the bankroll at the end of the day. My goal is to build the bankroll up to $100,000 by the end of the year!

    Good luck, Go Steelers!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  10. As long as a select few can "read b/w the lines" you can maintain your transparency.

    Exactly like Oregon St.

    -- Navy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really that is how you win. Plug into their home radio stations on some of these teams to spot something intangible working that the oddsmakers cannot yet quantify.

    In fact, a true handicapper actually makes his own lines and then makes his bets early when the sports books puts up their line for the upcoming week. He just picks the biggest difference in numbers and those are the games to bet and he bets them early to get the best line.

    I am not a true handicapper in that sense, maybe not even a handicapper at all. Just a pick selector and money manager. In a way money management is really everything. On a day I am getting killed its in basketball, NFL saved me. I have no stepout games today, all games were played with 1% of the bankroll.

    Good luck!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Navy-

    Regarding your December to Remember and betting less games, that was a different time. For one we were betting on heavily bet games in college football and the NFL.

    One of the reason for the large number of picks in college basketball, is most of us cannot move a large amount of money on some obscure basketball game.

    Right now this is just kind of a grinding operation with a degree of risk management I suppose. But if you noticed its slowly working.

    I don't see any other better way right now. If the old Lang were to show up, the plays and money management on this blog would be totally different, lol. Back to the old days in a flash.

    For now its just a grind operation with a roll of money from the profits made so far.

    ReplyDelete