Monday, January 20, 2014

MONDAY: One college basketball play going today on Villanova -6 1/2 over Creighton. Congratulations to Steve Budin for being named our 2013 Handicapper of the Year!

0-1 day

 
I like Portland today as a road dog over Houston in the NBA but I have had not much luck betting Portland against the spread. Instead I am betting on the Villanova Wildcats at home over Creighton. Villanova has a good record this year of covering the number. I like Seattle to win the Super Bowl and the public loves Denver. Hopefully the line will move to +3 or more on Seattle. I thought the Seahawks offense played poorly yesterday and I think they will do better in the Big Game.
The voting is in.  I am proud to announce Chef Stevo (Steve Budin) has been named our 2013 Handicapper of the Year. Congratulations Stevo. Seems the judges were very impressed with Chef Stevo's Sunday Night Bailout Games of the Week and his red sauce recipe was a huge hit. Well done (or make that medium) Stevo!


Service Plays
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   I want YOU to make money!
 Everything on this site is total bullshit except one thing.
Winning! I pity the fool that does not understand that!
  
        CURRENT FUND: FUND 4          
Starting balance of $50,000
Today's starting balance = $55,353.93
Today's loss = $1,106
Today's ending balance = $54,247.93 
This week's loss through Monday = $1,106
1% of the bankroll $553
10 dimes = 1% of the bankroll

Shocker! If you are going to lose, lose by a big margin!
BETTING 2% OF THE BANKROLL - BLOG PLAY OF THE DAY
$1,106 CBB 724 VILLANOVA WILDCATS -6 1/2 -110 AT HOME OVER THE CREIGHTON BLUE JAYS,
7:00 PM EST
Loser, FINAL SCORE: Creighton 96 Villanova 68, loss of $1,106

Grading at lines above, about the worst lines I could find. 
Of course, always shop around.

18 comments:

  1. Good Morning all. My picks are listed at RX. Clearly football and baseball are my sports. Still trying to work out hoops and hockey. But feel free to fade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Chevy! Links to all your threads are posted in the link section. Good luck today and we will be following your picks.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to have to buckle down. I know if I really put my mind to it I can do better at NCAA Hoops. NBA and NHL are eluding me. But I never claimed to be good at those. I finished pretty high for MLB on RX - though I didn't start picking until Sept. Currently #2 in NFL - and next year I'll post all my picks (if I had this year I'd be even higher). Finished #6 and with winning numbers for NCAA Football. Just can't get it going for NBA and NHL. Probably because (especially in the case of the NBA) they are the sports I care the least about. But I'll keep pressing forward with those. Seriously - it might be a good fade option. lol. Can't wait for MLB!!! And am really sad NFL/NCAA Football is just about over. My early Super Bowl selection is Denver. I'd grab them now before that line shoots up over 3.

      Delete
    3. I am leaning on Seattle but the Super Bowl bet whatever it is will not be very big. Its hard to be good in all sports. I wish we had football all year long, lol.

      Delete
  2. Good morning guys! glad Rick & the blog are back! I started off 2014 with 3 winning weeks! lets make some $ this yr guys!
    12/30-1/6 +1.30% (8-6)
    1/7-1/12 +1.70% (5-3)
    1/13-1/13 +2.60% (8-5)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Patrick! Nice record so far. Lets have a great 2014!

      Delete
    2. thanks! I kinda like Golden state tonight but hate the NBA

      Delete
    3. Its just been posted over at the SBR that Al is on Villanova too. I had saw earlier this morning that he had a pick in that game and after doing some research just fell in love with the Wildcats today. I mean if you are going to pick a team, would you take the Wildcats or the Blue Jays? lol

      Delete
  3. fwiw. if you had a huge bankroll and had multiple books to use when the first sb line came out there were books that had denver and seattle at +105 ml. a bet on both was an automatic win. but for today I'm going with over 5 goals kings bruins game. gl all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick,
    Say it aint so...two systems that I sware by are the -2' (home favorite) and the "bet w/ the team that was originally favored" are happening w/ this super bowl. While I know there is no home team, in this type of neutral site game I do not think it matters. I'm gonna put some action in and buy the half to assure a +3. I'm way to gitty about this situation. This might just be the December to Remember. Also, we cant look to much into Lang in the finale of the season...he was on the Ravens w/ ya last year. It's one game that he tries to win and markets the hell outta his super bowl record.
    --Navy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navy-

      Totally agree! This Super Bowl game probably should be like a 2% of the bankroll bet. Yesterday was a great opportunity to make some big bets.

      Rick

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you're back Rick....and everyone too!
    good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone posted at the SBR that Lang is on Nebraska today (7:00 PM EST)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks rick. even thoi gh ohio st is losing im going to take them for the second half

    ReplyDelete